Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bed rest



Yesterday I went to see my OB/GYN for my bimonthly check up. He asked if I had any questions, the ones I was planning for a few days to ask were how big do you think the baby is going to be, how often do you use forceps and the vacuum. But on Sunday I had been having a lot of contractions and pretty regular. I usually have about 4-5 contractions a day but I was having a lot more on Sunday. So instead of asking my previous questions I told him about the contractions. He decided he had better check me out to make sure I had been progressing. Well it turns out I am 80% effaced and 1 cm dilated which isn't good since I am 7 weeks away from my due date. So he told me he wanted me on bedrest for the next two weeks to help stop the contractions, he also gave me a steroid shot to help Cason's lungs develop quicker, I have to go in for a second shot tomorrow. I am not looking forward to that shot it really hurt. And not just when they did the shot but the whole rest of the night. So I am typing this message from home in bed. I wish the bed above was mine but it is courtesy of potterybarn.com He said I could go back to work after the two weeks because they wouldn't stop him from coming early then. I really hope the bedrest helps and he still doesn't come for more weeks later. I want him as close to his due date. But I guess he might be having his own ideas about when he wants to come. So last night after a tearful phone call to my Jon and my mom. I had to head back to the school and plan for a sub. Now today I need to figure out the next two weeks. Man did I pick a time to have this happen. I have the class Valentine's party Friday, a field trip on Tuesday, and Jon needs help getting the basement done. Not to mention the baby's room is still the computer room. Oh the stresses of being pregnant. Just keep us in your thoughts and hope Cason stays put for a few more weeks.

9 comments:

Kylie said...

I hope all goes well, what an unexpected delay with things. I can't imagine planning for a sub for a week let alone 2 weeks! I hope all goes well with that, good luck! YUCK! I'll hope that Cason stays in just a little bit longer.

Kristy said...

Oh, I sure will keep you in my prayers! You just rest up and try to worry as little as possible. Everything will be okay.

Jessica said...

Lacey, I feel so bad for you. That would be so hard. Let me know if I can help get some stuff together for your sub. It can be so stressful planning for subs. Don't worry too much though your class will survive but I'm sure they'll miss you. Rest as much as you can, I'm sure that's hard with a 2 year old. :)

lindsey hill said...

lacey,
I totally know how you feel, I got put on bed rest for a month with Emma and it was not fun. If you want me to come get weston one day i totally will. or let me know if you need anything.

Holly said...

Hang in there! Hopefully the contractions stop and you can hang on for at least another 3 weeks!
ps. have I told you how much I love the name Cason!? So cute:)

Delahunty Family said...

Sorry Lacey, that really sucks, I hope that he will stay put for at least a few more weeks!Good luck!

Vance and Kristy said...

This all sounds too familiar! I had to get that shot too, so I know how you feel. They hurt like crazy. I'm sorry for everything you're going through. It's hard, but when Carson comes, you'll know that everything you went through was worth it! Good luck with everything.

Cherish said...

I was so worried about having to go on bed rest, but luckily I'm past that point. I stressed myself out way too much about it. But It's hard when you know you have to go to work. I would imagine being a teacher makes it even more difficult & all ready having another child too. I'm sorry! Good Luck.

Garan said...

Lacey!! I am so sorry that you are on bed rest. I miss seeing you all the time. If you need anything done at the school please let me know. I talked to your sub for a long time today and she was doing great, but I did the art lesson with your class today and they said they miss you lots! You are amazing and you'll be in my prayers.