Monday, March 2, 2009
HELP I NEED ADVICE
So I have a major dilemma. We had bought another crib with a bedroom set a year ago when we moved into our new house. We put Weston in that crib and stored his old crib knowing we would have more kids. Well I was putting the crib together Saturday only to discover that the piece to put the rail on so the side can go up and down is gone. Simplicity that made the crib is out of business. And no this crib wasn't affected in the recall. Anyway so we can't get a replacement part. I am now faced with whether to buy a new crib (illogical I know) or convert the old crib into the toddler bed because it can still work that way. I am just worried about putting Weston in a big boy bed for several reasons.
1. He will not sleep for naps unless someone lays down with him. He goes to bed fine but won't for naps he has never taken naps in the crib he refused even as a baby.
2. With the baby coming in 4 weeks I fear this is a big transition that you should never do so close to having another baby.
3. I know this is going to be a big hassle do I want to undertake it so close to having a baby.
I need advice at what to do and if I do put him in his toddler bed any tips for keeping him in his bed and not coming out or playing the whole night. HELP especially you moms who have recently done this but I will take any input I am desperate.!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
k- so it really was not hard with emma at all. we threatned her once that if she got out of bed that we would turn off the hall light and close her door. And to this day that is all we have to say and she stays quite. She won't even get out of her bed in the morning when she wakes up. My sister in law with her youngest had to take the door knob off and turn it the other way and she told him she would lock the door if he came out of the room. but she let him read or play and he would just fall asleep on his own. but he did not like the idea of being locked in his room. If you have four weeks you should be just fine. Sorry i am no help but emma did just great and i was really worried, but she has been in a twin bed since before she was two.
Well, sorry to leave a comment with no advice, but I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure you'll figure something out and it will work great!
I think you already know that I'm in the same boat. In about two months I'll be faced with the same dilemma. Ava is a very "spirited" toddler and I think the freedom of being able to get out of bed will cause some drama in the house. I guess you never know until you try though. Maybe I'm expecting the worse and it will be a great transition. Maybe Weston will start taking naps on his own if he has a "big boy" bed? Really I have no idea...let me know how it works out. :)
Post a Comment