Sunday, March 14, 2010

Cason's Birthday Party

On Saturday we celebrated Cason's FIRST birthday. I honestly can't believe he is a year old already. He was such a good boy (like usual) and took a nap from 11-1:30. This was perfect given he was going to be having his party at 2. People started showing up and we had a great time. Jon was incharge of the menu and he did a fabulous job. He started to smoke a brisquet at 8 which was good (a little salty, but good), he also BBQ chicken and hot dogs. We also had baked beans, veggies and dip and Jon's mom brought some chicken salad sandwiches. After eating Cason played with some of the other babies that came. Abby and Marshall. As well as enjoying all the older kids. Then it was cake time. I knew there would be NO hesitation with his cake because he LOVES FOOD! And he didn't disappoint. He wasn't too sure about the candle on his cake. My mom lite it before everyone was ready to sing "Happy Birthday" so he got a pretty sorry "Happy Birthday" I should have re done it but Weston and I sang it to him repeatedly on his reall birthday. He loved his cake. Cason ate all the frosting before finally getting to the cake and then he proceeded to try to eat the cardboard. It was so cute. He was such a mess that we had to give him a bath of course. After getting redressed and everyone else had cake and ice cream we decided to go do the pinata. We didn't blindfold the younger kids but the older two got blind folded. Dayton was kind enough to not only hit his Dad in the leg but his Dad was holding Ashton so he waked his brother and his Dad. Sheena (his mom) and I couldn't stop laughing it was hilarious. Then the adults all got a whack at it. Sheena proceeded to hit Jon in the hand. Luckily there were no other conflicts. Finally we just whacked it reall hard to get to the goods. Afterwards we did presents. Cason got a bond from his Great Grandparents in Texas. Jon's Grandparents also gave him a bond and a firetruck. My mom, Jon and I gave him a radio flyer wagon. Collette and her family gave him the cutest outfit and some board books. Jon's parents gave him two stuffed animals. Kenton, Sheena and the boys gave him two cute outfits from Carters (one I had picked out but sadly had to put back so I was thrilled). Then we got some books and another outfit from either Jodi, Matt, and Marshall or from Alisa and Abby. And who ever didn't get him that gave him another outfit. So needless to say Cason will be stylin this summer. Thanks to all that came and thank you for the presents. Mostly Cason loved the tissue paper and bags. But Mommy was thrilled! Enjoy the pictures.


Guests

Enjoying the guest and balloons.The CAKE!


Whacking the Pinata
Enjoying the presents


Videos




3 comments:

markandaubrey said...

I love how he got so into the cake! Cason looks so happy!

Kylie said...

What a cutie! One year already? Wow! Looks like he had fun, love the pictures of the cake, too funny!

Delahunty Family said...

Looks like fun, I love that he ate the cardboard!