As per usual I have a TON of pictures so be warned picture overload. I just had a hard time narrowing them do this is the best I could do :) We had a great Christmas! I almost think its better now then when I was a kid (and I LOVED it as a kid). Seeing my boys get so excited and the light in their eyes just makes it so special. Weston was so excited for Christmas. This year he knew what it was all about. (Well the present and Santa part we are still working on it being about the birth of Christ. We did read a few books and had discussion on it but come on to a 4 year old its all about the GIFTS). To start out the Christmas week my mom, Jon, Weston, Cason and I hit up the mall to visit Santa. Weston was so good. I thought he might be scared but he was a champ. He got right up and told Santa he wanted a new fire engine and a new James. Now this panicked me as I hadn't bought either of those things. He is in no need of a fire engine as his is perfect but his James train did break. So for the last week before Christmas my mom and I were on a look out for James. Needless to say we didn't find it. Oh well. He was fine. That week, Cason and Weston were going on days 8-9 of the flu. I had had enough of puke and poop. The doctor said it was just the strain going around and they weren't dehydrated so we just had to wait it out. Luckily they both were better by the eve of Christmas eve. We made frosted cookies (as Weston calls them), fudge, and chocolate chip cookies for our neighbors and Santa of course. Needless to say I gained a ton! On Christmas Eve my mom came up and we had a nice pork loin, shrimp, and cheese ball for dinner with just us at our house. I wanted to make sure the kids got to bed early so they wouldn't be grumpy for Christmas day. We watched The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (in cartoon and Jim Carrey) and just enjoyed each others company. I had found yahtzee and Weston beat our trash. He kept getting yahtzee! When it was time for bed, Cason and Weston opened one present each from Grandma a new pair of pj's. Then Weston wrote a note to Santa and set out his cookies and milk. It was so cute. He was so excited. I then had to read him two Christmas books. Jon, my mom and I played Monopoly for an hour or so until we were sure Weston was asleep then we set up all the presents. Weston said he hoped Santa put them under the tree so that is where we put them.
Weston posing by the tree on Christmas eve.
We had to take a picture with Weston and the "big" present he was just barely taller then it.
My cute boys in their new pj's from Grandma
My handsome boys.
Weston with his cookies and milk and letter for Santa
Weston came into our room at about 4:30 and asked if Santa had come. This is the first year that he has been so excited he couldn't sleep. I remember many sleepless nights waiting for Santa. So Jon and I let him crawl into bed with us. He didn't doze off to sleep until about 6. Cason was up at 7:30 and that is all Weston needed to hear to pop out of bed. I must admit I was pretty excited to as I couldn't wait to see if they loved their gifts. Here are the boys piles of presents.
Weston's pile
Cason's pile
Our stuffed tree
What Santa left behind.
Weston opening the first present of Christmas. It was so funny when he opened it he just saw the back of it and he exclaimed, "A NEW BUZZ!" He was so excited. Too bad it was really just a Toy Story fishing game. Which he loved anyway and he did get a new Buzz too but he was more excited the first time lol. At first Cason wasn't too into opening presents but then he definitely got the hang of it. They both were totally spoiled by Santa and Grandma but they were so excited about each present. Well minus the clothes. It was such a blast. We didn't get done opening presents until about 10:30 because they had to take turns with each other. It was a really nice morning. Jon made the BEST breakfast it was DELICIOUS for sure.

Cason had to keep eating cookies it was so funny. Notice the green cookie and the present?
Weston and I, I had this turned but I guess it turned back, don't notice the no makeup :)
Us checking out the NEW Buzz very cool.
The boys finally got to open the power wheel jeep they got from my mom. Cason I think liked it the most.
Weston with his massive loot pile
Cason's pile
After breakfast we all got ready to go to Jon's grandparents for dinner. Before we left I had to get a picture of my adorable little family. Sorry I am totally biased.
We had a nice luner (lunch/dinner) at Jon's grandparents. Then we went downstairs to open presents and visit. Afterwards we came home and the boys got to ride in the jeep. Weston loved driving Cason around. Cason can't reach the peddle yet so he has to really on Weston for a "ride" and he asks often. Then we all munched and sat down to watch Despicable Me. It was a fantastic Christmas!
2 comments:
Holy crap! Look at those piles! Looks like you had a fun christmas. And you do have a cute family! :)
Wow, your boys sure got spoiled!! How fun!
Post a Comment