Two years ago Jon's boss' mother in law passed away and they gave us this coffee table. I put it in my formal living room and I have not loved the way it looked all two years it was in there. So finally this summer I refinished it. Here is what I did.
This is the before picture
To get all the old stain of I stripped it with a gel stripper. It was a pain in the bum! It took me like all day one day. I think next time I would just sand and then use paint with a god primer or put a primer on first.
I then painted two coats of cream paint on the lower half. The paint also had a primer in it. Then I lightly sanded where I wanted a shabby look and then put a coat of stain all over the cream wiping it off as I went. Then I put two coats of stain on the top that also had a polyurethane in it. I didn't wipe it off the top.
Here is the finished product. I also got new knobs! I love how great it turned out. Don't you?
2 comments:
Yes, I LOVE IT! I think it looks awesome, you did such a good job.
LOVE IT!!!!
Post a Comment