Saturday, August 9, 2008

New projects

So I have wanted to get new furniture for our formal living room but we just don't have the money right now so I decided hey why not recover the pillows I already have. This is what my couches and the pillows used to look like.
And here is the finished product. My mom did all the sewing and I did the cutting out. I think they turned otu nicely. Jon doesn't think they match but i do. Oh well let me know what you think.



So I was looking at my friend Ali's mom's blog Joy and she had this super cute table she and her husband had made. So I decided to make one myself with Jon's cutting skills. I don't think it turned out to bad. One of the legs is crooked but I can live with it.
So there you have what I have been doing the last few weeks. Jon tells me I need to get back to work and quit buying stuff. I must agree I did go over board last month which put me on a strict budget of $100 for the whole month. So far I have $30 to go. Man am I in trouble. LOL!!!!



























5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Adorable!!! I love the colors!!! You always are doing some sort of project:) Good luck with your budget ;)

Layton Family said...

I love the pillows! They look so fresh and crisp. Don't ever ask a man, haha. Love the table and I LOVE that you painted your railing black!!

Cherish said...

Cute pillows. I used to have those same couches!! Wow, and the table is awesome. I wish I was that crafty.

Kristy said...

Wow! You MADE that table? That is amazing! And I love the pillows.

Pete and Sum said...

I LOVE the pillows!! They totally match! You are so crafty, I am jealous!!