Thursday, November 13, 2008

And the baby is.......

Weston is going to have BROTHER.
When we went for the ultrasound for Weston, Jon could tell right away it was a boy. With this one he wasn't sure. The lady asked can you see the surprise and just then we both saw the penis. So needless to say Weston has a little buddy growing inside of me. Though many of you must be thinking Lacey must be so disappointed. Well I am ashamed to say I held back tears until we left. I am happy to know he looks healthy and I really am happy to have a wonderful baby boy growing inside me I still couldn't help being disappointed. I was so sure this one was a girl. I was sicker, all the predictors said girl and everyone kept telling I just know you are having a girl. I really am okay but it will just take a minute to get over the initial disappointment.
Though I didn't get my girl this time at least Weston will have a brother close in age that he can be best buds with. Jon and his two stepbrothers were all within two years of each other and they were best friends. Now Jon has his own fishing, four wheeling, camping crew. If it is meant to be I will have my girl some day.
It was exciting to see his arms, legs, and hands. He even opened his mouth a few times and we could see the eyes so well. I am trying to load pictures but they aren't cooperating right now so more to come.

9 comments:

Holly said...

congrats on the little guy! it will be good for weston to have a little brother to play with and who will probably want to be just like him(weston)! i'm excited for you guys!

jessie said...

congrats! I'm so excited for you! You are a great mom and your sons are very lucky! You'll get your little girl. :)

Kristy said...

Oh, congratulations! What a special day.

Just so you know, I, too, held back tears when we found out Kimball was a boy because I really thought I was going to have a girl, but I've since become SO, so converted to boys. I want a girl eventually, but brothers are the funnest thing ever. Plus, you get to be the unchallenged queen for a little bit longer! :)

lindsey hill said...

lacey i totally know how you feel. i thought for sure i was having a boy, this pregnancy was totally different than emmas. but it will be so fun to have brothers that close in age.

Jessica said...

Congrats! I agree with you on how it will be nice for Weston to have a brother. I've thought the same thing for Ava. Although it would be fun to have a boy next Ava would enjoy a little sister more, I think. I'm glad you posted this since I won't see you until Monday!

Kylie said...

Congratularions! I'm so excited for you. That is so fun to have a little brother for Weston. My sister and I are so close in age, and we are best friends, so I totally agree with you. It will be really fun for them. By the way, I teach at Bonneville High up in South Ogden.

Cherish said...

Congrats!! I completly understand the shock too, as I really thought we were having a boy and then found out it was a girl. That will be so fun for weston to have a brother, and I'm sure your husband is loving it.

Lindsay said...

Congrats!!!! Boys are so fun as you already know, I am sure the time will come when you have a girl!!!!

kylee said...

Congrats Lacey! It will be great for weston to have a brother. So much fun!