
Though I hope I don't normally look like this teacher, I sort of feel like it after this week. This week is SEP conferences or formally knows as parent teacher conferences. I used to love this time when I was in school. I mean heck you get out of school at 1:25 the whole week. Well now I am the teacher, so not only do I not get out at 1:25 but I am here every night until 6 or 7. Which is not normal for me. I usually leave around 4 or 4:30. I don't know how teachers stay later every night I guess that is the difference between me and good teachers. LOL! Any way. Back to conferences. Since we are having the ultrasound done tomorrow I scheduled all my appointments for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I had 4 on Monday not too bad. Then yesterday I went gang busters and had conferences straight from 1:40-6:40 that meant no potty break. Which I tell you is hard when you are preggers. Today I have 6 more and then I am all done. YES!!!! This year has been a lot better. I feel more at ease with most of the parents and this is due to a few reasons one is the fact that I have so much parental support in the classroom like I have never had before. Also my kids are just really good this year. I only have one behavior problem and he is nothing compared to the kids I had last year and I have only one other child that is really low and we are working on referring him to resource. So mostly I just get to celebrate with the parents about how great their student is.
Next post: What will we have......
1 comment:
Oh I totally understand. I'm a high school teacher (if you didn't know that!!) and I dread dread DREAD parent teacher conferences. It is the worst. We get out of high school at 12:00 but then we are here from 12:30-8 straight with parents. It is a killer. This term (well first term) I literally had least 60 parents come. Good luck tomorrow with the ultrasound. Can't wait to hear what your having.
Post a Comment