Sunday, May 3, 2009

Cason's Blessing

We blessed Cason today. It was such a wonderful rainy morning. My Grandpa blessed him with my Uncle Dean, Uncle Lee and my cousin's husband Kevin in the circle. My Grandpa gave a very nice blessing on Cason. Then I was lucky enough to listen to some wonderful testimonies from people in my ward as well as from people in my family. After the blessing we went back to our house for brunch. We had cinnamon rolls and fruit. The plan was to make the cinnamon rolls from scratch until I read the reciepe at 6 and it said it had to raise for a few hours, put the filling in and then raise again. I didn't have that kind of time so at the last minute we bought some. Oh well. It was great to visit with the family that was able to make it.
Today just helped remind me how extremly thankful I am to be a mother to such amazing boys. Weston and Cason bring so much love and joy into Jon and I's lives and I am so thankful that Heavenly Father trusted me enough to be their mother.
We didn't get any pictures with it being so rainy and cold but we are goign to get some pictures taken in a few weeks in his outfit.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Sounds like it was a good day:) You sure have two handsome little guys!

Kylie said...

How fun for you and your family. Sounds like a good day. Can't wait to see the pictures of little Cason.

Lindsay said...

It was a really nice day!!! Thanks so much for having us there! We wouldn't have missed it!!! Cason looked adorable.

Jessie, Garan, and Sammy said...

I'm sad that I couldn't be there, but it sounds like it was very special! Cason is a very lucky little boy!

Layton Family said...

It was a very nice blessing. Your little family is growing!