Friday, June 5, 2009

Big Boy Bed

A few weeks ago when my mom and I were at the DI my mom found this white headboard and footboard. It was only $5 and I thought that would be great for Weston's big boy bed but it was in real need of a face lift. Then a few weeks later I was at TJ Maxx looking for something to wear to Cason's blessing but found the cutest bedding instead. Everything was fitting together nicely to start the transition from a crib to the big boy bed. So I sanded and painted the bed and bought him a mattress. Last night was his first night. I was so reluctant to make this transition because Weston is a terrible sleeper. He won't nap in his crib you have to lay with him for him to nap and he only sleeps in the crib at night. I feared he wouldn't stay in the bed and it would just be a hugh hassle. But yesterday we got it all put together and Weston slept in his first big boy bed for the first time. He was so excited to sleep in it. He kept asking if it was time for bed and when he could sleep in his bed. So at nine we put him in a new pair of pj's and off he went. Weston laid right down and went to sleep. I didn't have to lock him in, threaten him nothing. He stayed in there until 8:30 then he came in and woke me up. I hope this wonderful trend continues. Pray for us. LOL!

The big boy bed all finished!


Weston getting ready to go to sleep.
Weston when he woke up. (I made him go back in for a picture)


Climbing up to bed for the first time.



The headboard all finished with paint, and a little distressing.

The bed premakeover.

3 comments:

Lyndsie said...

Hey there, it is good to hear frm you? How are thing going for you? Your boys are soo cute! And thanks, I did take her pictures. I totally forgot you worked at TJ maxx. I didnt work there very long. Well keep in touch!

Kylie said...

The bed looks awesome! Congrats on the big boy bead. Hopefully (we'll be praying for you!!) he stays in there and you have no troubles. Good find at the DI. Maybe I need to go there more often.

Lindsay said...

Darling it turned out SUPER cute!!! I love it cute bedding too!!!!