We'll it looks like our household has been kissed with the swine flu. On Thursday I woke up with this mucus ball in my throat that was making me horse. I just figured I was getting a cold so I got some hot chocolate and went to work. By the end of the day I could barely talk, thank goodness for my school's microphone system. But I felt fine. Then that night I started to get achy muscles and a migraine. When I woke up Friday it was taking all my energy just get ready. I had this phlemy cough as well then, so off I went to get my hot chocolate at the gas station when as I was pulling into the spot a lady opened her car door into my bumper. Yeah! Luckily it didn't dent just scratched it. Anyway I went to work and as the day went on I felt worse and worse. By 11 I had a temp of 99.5 not too huge but I felt terrible. Called the doctor, who I have issues with anyway in Bountiful, because I thought I might have pneumonia. They said oh its not swine flu you don't have a high fever, hello did think that was what it was anyway duh! So they were no help. Luckily school gets out early on Friday, I talked with my principal and left with the kids. I ran a fever from Friday to Saturday. Had to keep on the Tylenol every 6 hours. Had this terrible mucusy cough (which hasn't left yet), no appetite at all and everything I did eat went through me. Jon took Weston with to a friends house Saturday night and Cason and I stayed home. I woke up with no fever but still the congested nose and cough. Jon and Weston came home around 8. Weston was sick with a fever. He just snuggled all day or cried if I didn't snuggle him. His fever never broke even with the tylenol. Cason was fine until 5 then ran a fever too, he also had a cough all day. Took both boys temp rectally because our stupid ear one is so unreliable. Cason's was 102 and Westons was 101.4. Called wee care about what to do at 5:45 after no one calling me back and both boys getting worse called again and got Cason an appointment at 10:20 due to his fever they said nothing they could do for Weston. I had already decided to take Monday off of work so I got subplans together while waiting to go to the doctors. They swabbed him and sure enough, SWINE FLU! The nurse then asked if I wanted to be swabbed just for the heck of it, "She said I won't tell if you don't." I have swine flu as well. So basically so does Weston. Because of Cason's age and weight they wanted him on Tamaflu. Walgreens is out until 10 this morning. So this has been our weekend. I am glad it waited until after Weston's birthday weekend to happen, LOL! Wish us a speedy recovery.

7 comments:
Oh man, you poor thing! That is horribly aweful. YUCK! We have been lucky enough to miss this so far, but who knows how long it is going to take until me or my husband gets it. BLAH! Especially working in a school environment, who knows what will happen. I wish the best for you and definitely for a speedy recovery!
Oh, you guys get feeling better soon! I've been so paranoid about getting sick this year because of Emerson. You sound like you've been handling it so well. It is so hard to take of sick kids when you're sick! You're amazing to a push through it and be persistent with those doctors!
I'm sorry I hope every one gets well soon!
Oh I am so sorry! Hopefully you get over it quickly and that it is not too miserable for your boys
Good luck, that doesn't sound fun at all. Don't you just love teaching all the germs?!?!
Love the picture... so sorry about swine flu! Hope everyone feels better soon!!
Oh my goodness! That's terrible. I hope you're all feeling better in time for Halloween! Your boys are so adorable. I can't believe you work with my little cousin Jessie. She's the sweetest. I tried to comment on your blog a while ago, but it wouldn't take me to it through your profile. Get feeling better soon!
p.s. I got Pearl's boots at Kohl's. They were half off when I got them, so hopefully they are still on sale.
Post a Comment