Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas

Christmas was wonderful at our home. On Christmas Eve we had a nice ham dinner at our home. Jon's Grandparents, parents, Uncle Lance, cousin Courtney, brother Roger and my Grandpa and mom came for dinner. We spend much of the evening visiting, EATING, and enjoying on another's company.

Weston went to bed at 9 after leaving cookies for Santa. Then Santa and his elves got to work. After everything was ready to go Jon and I watched Christmas Vacation again and went to bed. I slept great until about 5 then I just couldn't wait for my little man to wake up. I was so excited for him to see what Santa had brought him.

Around 8:30 he finally woke up and fun began. He was so fun to watch open his presents. But he was so funny too. He had to have either a cookie or a drink of Chocolate Juice (Chocolate milk) for the first few presents. He was also so appreciative of everything that he got. Weston had to open each gift get it out of the box and play with if for a moment before he would move onto the next gift. Needless to say this took away from 8:30-11:00. He got quite spoiled. His gifts included a Elmo Live (the best present in his mind), Kitchen set, food, grocery cart, remote control truck, a v-tech PC pal, clothes, a piggy bank with money in it, a new coat, snow overalls, snow boots, a sled and books. Yes he was very spoiled.

As for Jon and I we didn't do too bad. Jon got San Fransico pajama pants, Dark Knight on Blu Ray, a San Francisco calendar, boxers, socks, and undershirts and $50. Jon got me a carpet cleaner (Yes that is what I wanted), a gift card to Hobby Lobby, an ornament, and some stocking stuffers. Then my mom bought us a digital camcorder, and clothes for the baby.

After all the presents we went to my Grandpa's house for breakfast and we got a chance to visit with my cousin Lindsey and her family as well and my Aunt Michelle and Uncle Dean and their family before we all went our seperate ways.

Then Jon, Weston, my mom and I went to Jon's Grandparents for a wonderful dinner, conversation, and more gifts. Weston got a couch that he just loves sitting in especially with mom or dad or even Elmo. He also got a dirty Elmo that you wash in the tub. That was big hit. As you can tell he is into Elmo just a little bit.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Sound like a fantastic Christmas at the Hemphill home! I was fun to see you a few times over the holidays. How nice of you to have Grandpa over.