I feel like I haven't posted in awhile. Probably because I haven't. We have been pretty busy at our house. My mom moved out last week. She found an apartment about 2 miles from our house. Now I have to take Weston to her. I forgot how hard it is to wake a sleeping baby. I hate waking him up to take him to my mom's. Only for 60 more days then he can sleep in for five months.
Yep five months. I thought I was going to have to go back to school for the last few weeks. But it turns out I get 12 weeks maternity leave not 6. I only got 6 with Weston because it was my first year. So from April to August. Weston will be able to sleep in and have his mommy all to himself instead of sharing her with work. But he will now have to share me with Cason. That is right we picked a name. Cason. No middle name yet. We are thinking Larry for my Grandpa and Dad but we aren't sure but we finally have a name. What do you think?
Since my mom moved out Jon has been working on our basement. It was mostly finished already but when they did the taping and mudding of the drywall they did a bad job, you could see the bumps all over. Therefore before we can move the computer/scrapbooking things out of the baby's room and decorate I have to wait for Jon to remud and sand the walls and then paint them. We are hoping he gets the mudding and sanding done this week after work so we can paint this weekend. Then next weekend we are hoping to get to paint the baby's room. Yeah!!!!!
So Weston had fun running around in the basement with it empty because he voice would echo. Well he was downstairs yelling his abc's when Jon didn't realize he was behind him and turned around and smacked him right in the mouth with the metal hammer. Weston started crying and Jon picked him up and brought him to me. When I saw him I said he is bleeding. Jon didn't realize he was bleeding. He had cut his lip and gum on the hammer. Once he was in my arms he quit crying and Jon gave him a wet napkin. Needless to say he looks much like the picture a couple of posts ago. My poor kid gets over one fat lip and gets another. What a trooper though. He is always fine once I am holding him and he has a wet napkin. I think Jon felt worse then Weston did.
2 comments:
Finally a post! Just kidding, it sure sounds like you have been really busy! By the way, love the name, Cason. I think it's adorable. I'm excited for you to get the baby's room ready. Make sure you take pictures so we can all see it!
12 weeks! I'll miss you, but that is so exciting for Weston and Cason! :)
Post a Comment