Friday, December 11, 2009

Elmo Grows Up (finally)

Last night Jon and I took Weston on a date. We went with our friends Cherie, Brandon, and Brooklynn and went to the Seasame Street product Elmo Grows Up at the E-Center. All I can say is FABULOUS! We had WONDERFUL seats right on the floor only 9 rows back. Weston was mesmorized. He sat completely still the entire time. He didn't do this at Disney On Ice or the Circus but man did he ever for Seasame Street. I hadn't told him ahead of time we were going because I didn't want to face a possible tantrum. I told him Thursday morning that he had to make sure he was really good for Grandma because he was going to go on a date with Mommy and Daddy. We were going to go see Elmo. He immediately began asking "Is Big Bird (his new favorite), Cookie, Zoey, Oscar, and Ernie going to be there?" After assuring them I was sure they would be he was set. After work I picked him up and Cason stayed with my mom (thank you again Mom) and we went home and got ready. Then we picked Jon up and he got ready at a friends house. Then we headed to Cherie and Brandon's house. We drove down together and after getting our customary popcorn and drinks we sat down. Weston was completely mesmorized and only talked to ask where Big Bird was then he left the stage or to say "train" when they brought out the big train and say "We've been working on the railroad." Weston even had to bring Big Bird into the performance and when we came home he was quite upset that Dad even thought about leaving him in the car. It was a great night and we will for sure be going again. Enjoy the pictures and movies.

No comments: