Thursday, July 11, 2013

Nursery Reveal

The nursery has been so much fun to do but SO time consuming.  I started in around late March, early April working on it every weekend almost and got everything all done the 3rd week in June.  So this just shows how much time it all took.  But I am in absolute love with the end result I hope you will like it too.  This is what the room looked like when it was Cason's nursery.  I have always wanted bead board in all the nurseries but have never gotten it.  Since this was to be my last nursery I insisted on it.  Jon wasn't too sure how he was going to do the bead board or whether he was going to have the tools.  I have been seeing on a few blogs people using wallpaper bead board so I found some at Lowe's and that is what we went with.  In February I had found all the fabric I wanted for the nursery and decided to paint the walls gray (leftover from painting my room last summer).  Jon and his brother Jimmy knocked out painting above the chair rail that was in the room already while I was out buying the wallpaper.  They then got to hanging the wallpaper.  Now none of us have ever hung wallpaper so this was a learning experience for us all but in one Saturday they got the walls painted and the wallpaper up.  Here is what it looked like in steps. 
 
This was in the process of putting up the wallpaper
The walls after the paint is up and the wallpaper too.
 After the wallpaper was up the next day I painted the chair rail, the trim and the wallpaper white.  This is midway through the project.
 This was after the first coat.
 Then over the next few weeks.  I completed painting the dresser, crib, bench, shelf, and sewing the quilt, curtains, bumper pads, crib skirt, and recovering the rocker I got for free.  Here is the end result. 
This is the headband organizer that hangs on the back of her door.
This is the same shelf that was in Cason's room I just painted it white.  I also repainted the birdhouse from cream to fuchsia.  I also made the owl in the middle from the wood creation.  The plain wooden owl on the right will be replaced with a turquoise ceramic owl my mom is giving me at my shower.  once I have her newborn pictures I intend to replace the cheesy picture with a picture of her.
I absolutely love how her crib turned out with all the bedding I made.  I love the colors and I just love how girly it all looks.
This is what the nursery looks like as you walk into the room. 
 
This picture shows you the inside of her crib so you can get a good idea of what the bumper pads look like completed.  I love the lamb in the crib.  My mom bought this lamb for Cason at the hospital when he was born.  Cason insisted that he wanted to give his lamby (as he calls it) to his baby sister.  I heart that boy so much.

In this picture you can see the new rocker, the refinished dresser.  Don't you just love the knobs and the pop of color?   With leftover fabric I made a banner to spruce up the old window.  When we have her blessing dress that will hang to the left of the window. 
Here is the cute bench I refinished.  And the bear is a bear my mom got for me when I was probably 7 or 8.
Isn't the owl so fun?  I got all the décor at good old hobby lobby.  I love that store everything is always 50% off.

I love this frames they are also from hobby lobby and I plan to put her newborn pictures inside. 

Yet another view.


I absolutely couldn't be more thrilled with how this room turned out.  Hope you like it as well.  And most of all I hope baby girl likes it too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it looks awesome! you are going to have a pink little princess on your hands! especially with all those boys! all your projects are amazing! I need to get a move on lol. I still have to paint the room and make all the bedding and find a chair! I only have the dresser and crib done! yikes! im inspired now to get my butt in gear!

Delahunty Family said...

It's so cute! I love it! Great job.