Wednesday, August 1, 2012

First Dentist Visits and........3 cavities

Weston had his regular 6 months check up and Cason had his first check up.  Cason did great.  I was a little nervous since he wouldn't open his mouth for me when I was trying to practice with him.  But he was great.  The bright light bugged his eyes so that was a little hard for him.  But then they gave him some sunglasses to wear.  The dentist made me get this not feel so guilty that Cason still has his nuk at 3.  He said his permanent teeth wouldn't be crooked and he will get rid of it when he is ready.  So though I still want to throw it in the trash get rid of it I am not as worried as I was.

 Waiting so big for his turn.  Finally practicing opening his mouth.

 Getting all ready for the dentist.  Looking so BIG!
 He was trying to undo the bib. 
 Wearing his sunglasses because the light was so bright.

 I was so proud of him opening so big.
Giving her a high five when he was done.  No cavities and everything looked great.
Weston is an old pro at going to the dentist.  He loves the dentist and getting the good bag with his new toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss.  Well this time we got bad news.  He had not one, not two, but three cavities.  He has never had one in the 2 years he has been going and her goes and gets 3 in 6 months.  Holy cow!  That was fun going 3 different times.  One even had to have a mini crown or root canal I can't remember.  I don't know if he will be so exited to go back again.  One time he bit his side of his cheek and got a big old sore so bad he needed antibiotics.  Poor kid.  I have tried to be more vigilant about brushing more. 
Weston picked out a telescope so he could like a pirate.


No comments: